Tagging commits when AMIs are published

This is mostly directed at James but I thought it would be beneficial
to include the rest of the mailing list.
Am I correct in assuming that commit d0c3fbd4cd was used to bootstrap
the published AMIs?
I would suggest tagging this commit explicitly and refer to it from the wiki.
This way people can create a perfect replica of the published images.
It would also give us the possibility to remove old AMIs at a later
date if we wish to do so, because people would still be able to
recreate them.

What should the tagname be? I would suggest keeping it separate from
the normal versioning. Maybe include the AMI IDs in the commit
message?

Anders