Re: Missing AMIs listed on wiki, no link to Marketplace

On 28/11/2012 3:42 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:
Hi all

The page on http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/AmazonEC2Image lists official Squeeze AMIs. The linked page, http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/AmazonEC2Image/Squeeze, lists AMIs that do not appear to exist.

Thanks Craig,

The 12 hours before release we had an additional update, and i haven't got back to update the documentation fully. I have just added the correct AMIs from the ones that *I* generated on 2012-11-19, and I will try and get the dump of the snapshot created ... I haven't had time thus far this week (my apologies) - the corresponding snaps are marked 'public' so anyone on AWS can grab them (I have always tried to mark all snaps for an AMI at the same time I mark the AMI itself public.

I've added some additional info to http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/AmazonEC2Image/Marketplace on the IDs responsible.

$ ec2-run-instances ami-202aae49 --region us-east-1 -k ...keyid... -t m1.large
Client.InvalidAMIID.NotFound: The image id 'ami-202aae49' does not exist

There's a table of instance IDs for other regions, but it's not filled in. The creation script is formatted incorrectly, and the page generally looks incomplete.

A look at the archives of this list suggests that the images are now published through Marketplace. I found the images there by searching for Debian, then filtering for software infrastructure / Operating Systems . It'd be good if the wiki page above linked directly to:

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/seller-profile/ref=srh_res_product_vendor?ie=UTF8&id=890be55d-32d8-4bc8-9042-2b4fd83064d5

so it listed the marketplace instances. The existing content should be removed and replaced with direct links to the marketplace instances, including a note about the need to accept the instance terms before launching.

Thanks for adding the Marketplace shortlink - great idea.

Should we deprecate/archive the older images that are listed on http://wiki.debian.org/Cloud/AmazonEC2Image?

  James
PS: Any DD wanting access to the AWS Account, please email me and I'll add access
PPS: Any DD wanting some personal training from me also let me know and I can set up a Webex and conf call to discuss what's in the account and how to use it - in the next few weeks.)

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au