Re: [Clojure-CLI] Proposed course of action for `clj`

On 2021-06-13 20:03, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
4. consider packaging com.cognitec.aws:* packages

I'd like to know more about those dependencies. What are they for? Do we
need them to package this lib in Debian?

I've previously suggested we should not do this, at least for an MVP, because it was straightforward to patch out and the main reason to include these is to serve artifacts out of proprietary/private repos: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=891136#27

These deps are all open source as far as I can tell, but given that it's a lot of work to enable commercial/proprietary development I personally do not want to spend volunteer time on it. I would not block someone from volunteering to work on this, particularly with a commercial sponsor, but I don't think it'd be a great use of time for e.g. a GSoC student.

- e