Architecture: all (was Re: dh $@ --with cli --with python2 --parallel)

Loong Jin,

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 6:07 PM, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@ubuntu.com> wrote:
[...]
> For example:
> ===========================8<===================================
> ifeq ($(shell dh_listpackages | grep -q cil && echo yes),yes)
> WITH_CLI = --with cli
> DEB_WRAP_CSHARP = 1
> else
> WITH_CLI =
> DEB_WRAP_CSHARP = 0
> endif
>
> %:
>        dh $@ $(WITH_CLI) --with python2 --parallel
> ===========================>8===================================
>
> You'll of course have to split out the mono build-deps into Build-Depends-Indep.
> Take a look at libgpod[1,2] for an example, though in my case I didn't use
> dh_listpackages, but set an environment variable depending on whether
> binary-arch or binary-indep was called.
>

> [1]
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-gtkpod/packages/libgpod.git;a=blob;f=debian/control
> [2]
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-gtkpod/packages/libgpod.git;a=blob;f=debian/rules

Wow ! Your example is just fantastic ! Just one note though, are you sure about:

 Package: libgpod-cil
 Section: cli-mono
 Architecture: all

I was told that my arch should not be set to all since mono is not
available on -say- hppa. Policy requires it should be 'any' (*) ?

Thanks again !
--
Mathieu

(*) http://pkg-mono.alioth.debian.org/cli-policy/ch-packaging.html#s-architecture