Re: dh $@ --with cli --with python2 --parallel

On 07/09/2011 22:31, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>   I am trying to update the gdcm package to use the new dh interface.
> However I am still struggling to get the CLI binding working. I used:
>
> %:
>   dh $@ --with cli --with python2 --parallel
>
> This fails of course on mips and mipsel. I am not a DD -yet- so I
> would appreciate if someone with more knowledge in building those
> package would review :
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/trunk/debian/rules?view=markup
>
> and let me know what will not work. A tutorial or another example
> would also be greatly appreciated.

Hi Mathieu,

You can use dh_listpackages to see what packages are being installed, and
optionally include that --with cli option.

For example:
===========================8<===================================
ifeq ($(shell dh_listpackages | grep -q cil && echo yes),yes)
WITH_CLI = --with cli
DEB_WRAP_CSHARP = 1
else
WITH_CLI =
DEB_WRAP_CSHARP = 0
endif

%:
	dh $@ $(WITH_CLI) --with python2 --parallel
===========================>8===================================

You'll of course have to split out the mono build-deps into Build-Depends-Indep.
Take a look at libgpod[1,2] for an example, though in my case I didn't use
dh_listpackages, but set an environment variable depending on whether
binary-arch or binary-indep was called.

[1]
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-gtkpod/packages/libgpod.git;a=blob;f=debian/control
[2]