Re: Additional packages related to cinnamon

Il 08/01/2022 04:00, Joshua Peisach ha scritto:
Hi Fabio,

Any mint* packages are specific to Mint and should not be packaged.
I also think it but if we'll no found alternative for language setting a last resort would be to use mintlocale (with some removals/changes) as other distros have done
For nemo-share, just patch.
yes, as told long time ago on latest versions a patch is needed for remove need of mintcommon
I suppose maybe mint-themes could be done but I don't see a big reason to maintain it..
then nothing at the moment, we'll see if there are other requests

As for blueberry, it should be packaged. I do not know what else people use as a lightweight Bluetooth tool alternative and thinking about it, with the new libadwaita changes this could really be helpful and MATE/XFCE could benefit from it. I should make it the upmost priority to be honest.
you want prepare it or I'll do?

Nemo-compare: The 5.2.1 version doesn't have the +uma flag, so the watch file doesn't work. I'll have to look into it but later yes, that and the nemo extensions can be uploaded to mentors.
rethink of what wrote Bage from mentors a d/watch that look to nemo-extensions github should be better, tags are all "x.y.z" and for specific bugfix "extension-name-x.y.z" so should be possible, I did some fast try to match "nemo-compare-x.y.z|x.y.z" but seems I did something wrong with regular expression and did a strange case with new version ".5.2.0" (instead of 5.2.0) trying to be sure with another extension instead of nemo-compare (tests done using "uscan --no-download --verbose")

Other than that, we should talk to the multimedia team about packaging hypnotix, I'd say.
about iptv I used little only kodi, I don't have enough knowledge to know if it's worth it or not, as you wrote ask to multimedia team is better

Also, I recently met tarzeau on IRC, and he sponsored my sc-im package and seems to be interested in pix and other ITPs I have. We should ensure hes in the mailing list if he wants to be serious about sponsoring our uploads.

Speaking of pix, X-apps (xed, xreader, xplayer, pix, xviewer) are not as heavily maintained; plus other lightweight editors (like MATE's) exist. Unless a big reason exists and we can't port the nemo-preview extension, it may not be worth maintaining it.
yes are all forks too low maintained if I remember good, so is not good add them, although I would not be wrong as I did with blueberry

Cheers,
-Josh