Re: Cinnamon 4.2, salsa and master branch

Il 01/10/2019 12:38, Norbert Preining ha scritto:
> Hi Fabio, hi Max,
>
> On Tue, 01 Oct 2019, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
>> muffin failed all build for symbols issue
>> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=muffin&arch=amd64&ver=4.2.2-2&stamp=1569861110&raw=0
> Very strange .. I *did* build before uploading in a clean chroot
> (cowbuilder) on my system ... must have been a very recent change.
>
>> Seems regression with gnome 3.34 but I don't have time to try to find
>> the exact change cause in gnome and try to workaround
> Oh holy ****, why is Gnome such a PITA, that minor release updates break
> everything.

I didn't had time to investive further, issue/unexpected cases with
newer gtk is frequent, this seems another thing.

Maxy seems have take a look to it, from debian cinnamon chat:

> <maxy> Fantu: shouldn't the whole media_key block be moved inside
> libcinnamon-desktop/gnome-desktop-utils.c ?
> <maxy> I don't think that list is intended to be "public"

> <maxy> Anyway, I guess we don't really care about the gir scanner.
> <maxy> Well, the syntax used in that file is confusing, and the new
> version of the g-ir-scanner doesn't seem like it.
@Norbert I posted them because I don't see you in #debian-cinnamon. If
you want take a look for improvement and propose upstream but fromwhat
wrote Maxy (and as it is used only by cinnamon) probably is not important.

> On Tue, 01 Oct 2019, Maximiliano Curia wrote:
>> In the wiki page you can also see the ci status, which only works when all
>> the dependencies are already uploaded or using an external repository with
>> the required packages. To use the last part I wrote:
>> https://salsa.debian.org/maxy/qt-kde-ci/blob/tooling/salsa_drive_build.py
> Thanks! How would I use that?
>
>> Anyway, as mentioned by Fabio, muffin needs to be reuploaded.
> First we need to find the reason for the breakage.

Added a patch that solve/workaround it posted by Leigh Scott in upstream
issue about this, sorry for the too many commit with some my mistake, I
did it too fast and with web ide initially, now should be ok for new
upload, actually if all reverse-break are present and updated the
partial cinnamon upgrade should be avoided but new cinnamon install in
Sid should be not possible with part of 4.0 and part 4.2, so I think is
good upload ASAP. In any case other review is good.