Re: Cinnamon 4.2, salsa and master branch

On 2019-10-01 02:05, Norbert Preining wrote:
I'm fine with uploading the packages as is, either with or without the WIP patch. I don't think that the previous comments of Fabio were intended to be

I have added an improved version of the patch that adds a bit of
explanation to the dialog, and have uploaded the whole beast ...

I made a stupid error (due to for i in *.git ; do cd $i; dch -r -D ....) and increased the version of cinnamon-desktop-environment from 4.2 to 4.3
instead of to 4.2.1. I have uploaded a version 4.3+really4.2.1 to make
clear that this is not cinnamon 4.3.

Let us see how the build daemons are struggling with the builds ...

That sounds great!

I'm using: https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=cinnamon-desktop%2Ccinnamon-desktop-environment%2Ccinnamon-menus%2Ccinnamon-session%2Ccinnamon-translations%2Ccjs%2Ccinnamon-screensaver%2Ccinnamon-settings-daemon%2Ciso-flags-svg%2Cmuffin%2Cnemo%2Ccinnamon%2Ccinnamon-control-center%2Cnemo-fileroller%2Cnemo-python%2Cpython-xapp%2Cxapp&suite=sid&compact=compact

to check the buildd status in sid, I've just added that link in:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Cinnamon

In the wiki page you can also see the ci status, which only works when all the dependencies are already uploaded or using an external repository with the required packages. To use the last part I wrote: https://salsa.debian.org/maxy/qt-kde-ci/blob/tooling/salsa_drive_build.py which basically sorts the builds and waits for the dependencies, uploading the results to a "private" repository that's then used as an extra repository in the next builds.

Anyway, as mentioned by Fabio, muffin needs to be reuploaded.

Happy hacking,
--
Saludos /\/\ /\ >< `/