Re: Summary of the Arm ports BoF at DC18
- To: Steve McIntyre <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Summary of the Arm ports BoF at DC18
- From: Adrian Bunk <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2018 20:40:23 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20181111184023.GP18621@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Oct 28, 2018 at 05:01:05PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Hardware setup: I've configured the earlier 3 as buildds in little 1U
> cases with 32GiB RAM and mirrored SSDs, but for $reasons they're not
> yet installed and running. I'm assuming that a similar spec would be
> wanted for autopkgtest/ci
One thing that might be worth considering would be using one or more of
the old Marvell buildds for armhf autopkgtest.
Otherwise it will become pretty hard to keep a non-NEON armhf baseline
for bullseye when these are no longer visible on the buildds.
I am aware of the problems with the old hardware and that this would
not be a long-term solution, but for some time it could help with that.
"Is there not promise of rain?" Ling Tan asked suddenly out
of the darkness. There had been need of rain for many days.
"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed