Re: Re[2]: cut and paste for chinese in x window system

(snip)

Thank you very much for your testing! I'm much clearer then before
knowing where we are now. ;)

(hashao) For this icccm scheme we are on, basically you can just use
(hashao) cut-n-paste buffer0 with no problem. However, the underline
(hashao) client has to support displaying Chinese properly. The
(hashao) condition is of course as I pointed out before that the
(hashao) client do not make special treatment to the encoding
(hashao) scheme. otherwise, you have to do special treatement like in
(hashao) xemacs, convert your euc encoded char to iso-2022 before do
(hashao) the paste into xemacs. Mozilla uses unicode as its internal
(hashao) representation, I don't know what's the real implication
(hashao) here. :(

see my another email. ;) don't know if the cut-n-paste for non-ascii
characters could really work under bare x, maybe we then really need
the gnome. ;)

hmmm, wait a while, i remember when the application asks the root window
for the CUT_BUFFER0 property, it needs to tell the root window aka window
manager who it is, right? then the window manager, oh is so much
powerful, step in again, hehe, it could do the Converting!

then the emacs won't be a problem here for cut-n-paste chinese
characters. but what about the others?

we only need a chinese-ultra-friendly window manager, hehe...

Best regards,

--
zhaoway -=- zw * zhaoway.com -=- http://www.zhaoway.com/ -=- blue ribbon
GnuPG 1024D/7C0441F2  BF4F B39D A53E A9BB 1057  2364 652C 1BA6 7C04 41F2