Battle with Win98 Recycle bin

Dear all
This may not be a Linux issue, but I hope someone here can help me. After all,
you are the smart ones ;-)
I have Win98 on my computer. I used 'Fips20' made some room for my Linux
partition. Win98 sees this partition, but can't access it, which is fine.
But every time I empty Recycle Bin in Win98, it wants to format that partition.
It is annoying, but I can live with it.
I happily found Linux can mount and access MSDOS partition, so I did it. I wasn't
smart enough to make it as read only, and I deleted some files from the MSDOS
partition when I was in Linux. Later on when I reboot my computer into Win98, the
stupid Recycle Bin started to believe there are "9 items" in it, but I can
neither see anything nor empty it. The Recycle Bin still work as normal, but it
is always full or thinks itself as full. I am kind of perfectionist. I really
appreciate any suggestions for helping me fix this problem.
By the way, I have WinModem. Is there a "cheating" way to get it work for my
Linux? (like... mount the MSDOS partition in LINUX and start it as a DOS
program?) I don't know the principles of the system, don't laugh too hard if this
is a stupid suggestion.
--
Jing Xu
ruoer@bigfoot.com

begin:vcard
n:Xu;Jing
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Morris Industries Ltd;morris.rd@sk.sympatico.ca
adr:;;605 York Road West;Yorkton;SK.;S3N 0P2;CA
version:2.1
email;internet:jingx@bigfoot.com
title:Ms.
fn:Jing Xu