Re: Please kindly solve my quests

Hello Raymond,

RL> notebooks, so I used debian disk 2 to install. After mounting the CDROM
RL> at /mntinst during installation, it prompted for some files which are
RL> required, but the problem is that those files didn't really exist in the
RL> CDROM. So finally I can just use back my RedHat 6.1 in my notebook.

I do not use a notebook. However, if you want someone to solve your
problem, you have to be more specific than that. Exactly which disks
you used, what error message is (which files missed). Otherwise, no
one know what's wrong.
Since Debian can read you CDROM (it's mounted, did it), it should not
be hardware problem at this stage.

RL>         Another problem is that I got the Xircom RealPort 10/100 LAN + 56K
RL> modem card. Could anyone kindly tell me where I can get the driver for
RL> it ? It's too unconvinent to NOT connecting my notebook into my LAN at
RL> home.

Seems you need to have the pcmcia package install. Find it at
http://pcmcia.sourceforge.org/ . Should be supported.

Best regards,
 hashao                            mailto:hashao@telebot.com