Re: which locale? plz clarify me

On Thu, Oct 07, 1999 at 12:54:50AM +0800, zhaoway wrote:
|which one to use? plz?
|zh_CN.GB2312 as found in kde and many more, or
|zh_CN.EUC as found in TurboLinux-CN, or
|zh as found in XFree86, or
|zh_CN and zh_TW like others been found in glibc/locale.alias?
|
|and why? which one's debian's prefer? plz clarify me.... sleepy.....

Currently zh_CN.GB2312 should be the one that's used the most
extensively in Debian, although there are often problems
here and there. Personally I'm waiting for the locales support
in glibc to stablize, as I know they are making a new repertoiremap,
and so the GB locales may need to be rewritten soon (although I'm
not 100% sure). I forsee that there'll also be GBK in glibc as
things proceed.

As I don't want to rush for a temporary solution, I'm not doing
much work in improving a better GB environment. I would rather
look for opportunities to help glibc to achieve what they think as
the 'right way to do'.
Of course, anyone who is willing to persue this can send bug reports
to appropriate developers :)

--
Anthony Wong.   [ E-mail: hajime@asunaro.dhs.org / ypwong@debian.org ]