Re: Dropping ibus-pinyin (or salvaging libpyzy)?

On 2020-05-03 03:46, Boyuan Yang wrote:
在 2020-05-03星期日的 00:13 +0200,Gunnar Hjalmarsson写道:
https://salsa.debian.org/input-method-team/libpyzy/-/commit/40dc6196

So it looks like ibus-pinyin can stay in the archive for now. :)

The package may not FTBFS, but the python script did not run successfully.
There are trackbacks like this:

make[5]: Entering directory '/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/data/db/android'
\
rm -f android.db; \
./create_db.py ./rawdict_utf16_65105_freq.txt | /usr/bin/sqlite3 android.db ||
\
	( rm -f android.db ; exit 1 )
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./create_db.py", line 83, in <module>
     main()
   File "./create_db.py", line 80, in main
     create_db(sys.argv[1])
   File "./create_db.py", line 51, in create_db
     records = list(read_phrases(filename))
   File "./create_db.py", line 19, in read_phrases
     buf = file(filename).read()
NameError: name 'file' is not defined

I continued with more patching work to fix this certain issue
https://salsa.debian.org/input-method-team/libpyzy/-/commit/736051f06ecb41aada4448f6b89413d5b18bfb46
but that is not quite complete; it's still raising exceptions elsewhere. I'd
expect more help from others on making this script runnable.

Ouch, apparently it was too good to be true. :(

As regards that sort() function, I made an attempt in this MR:

https://salsa.debian.org/input-method-team/libpyzy/-/merge_requests/1

But then it really FTBFS:

Error: near line 21: unrecognized token: "\"
Error: near line 22: unrecognized token: "\"

(and tens of thousands of similar messages...)

It should be noted, though, that I get those error messages also by simply commenting the sort() function, so they seem to be caused by code running after that function.

As a side note I can mention that it also FTBFS for me due to this commit:

https://salsa.debian.org/input-method-team/libpyzy/-/commit/b1d8ffe7

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj