Re: About ftp*.cn.debian.org service

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:35 AM, Liang Guo <bluestonechina@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:15 AM, Emfox Zhou <emfoxzhou@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Could we probably contact netease or aliyun, to sponsor our service in their
>> names or other similar way, since they have already held debian mirrors?
>> Because it will be meaningless to have a cn mirror outside China.
>>
>> If it is not a voilation of DFSG(I am not sure), I can try to contact them.
>
> It is not about DFSG, but the domain name registration problem in
> China, only the
> domain name owner can submit domain name registration to the bureaucracy. but
> Debian is not a Chinese entity, and it don't have a branch in China,
> so nobody is
> proper to deal with the registration.
>
> L2 mirror is not affected, including mirrors.ustc.edu.cn.

We are preparing a new HK mirror (Push-Primary) and hope it can serve
as ftp.hk.debian.org, push has been set up and we need to let it run
for a week or so before assigning the domain name. Guys behind
ftp{,2}.cn.debian.org are involved in the process. If that works out,
it would be a great candidate to serve the ftp{,2}.cn.debian.org
domains to the resolve.

Let's make these work coordinated, but not sending random
requests/suggestions, which might give more confusions about what's
going on.

Best regards,
Aron