Re: ibus-pinyin: Unable to get it to work on Debian Stretch

>On Mon, 7/10/17, Yubin Ruan <ablacktshirt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Subject: Re: ibus-pinyin: Unable to get it to work on Debian Stretch
>To: "Zach Williams" <zesw2the@yahoo.com>
>Cc: "Debian邮件列表" <debian-chinese-gb@lists.debian.org>, "Boyuan Yang" <073plan@gmail.com>
>Date: Monday, July 10, 2017, 10:01 PM
>
>Well, I am under heavy workload and do not have so much time now (maybe tomorrow). Please join the telegram group first to see whether you can get help there
>(and learn some Chinese ;-)

Please don't do that because a user from another forum managed to help me get ibus-pinyin to work. Apparently one has to go to Gnome Control Center --> Settings --> Region and language to enable ibus-pinyin. I am now able to type Chinese characters.

>Still, I would suggest fcitx.

Thanks for your suggestion and your time.

Regards.

Zach