Re: ibus-pinyin: Unable to get it to work on Debian Stretch

>>On Mon, 7/10/17, Yubin Ruan <ablacktshirt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>Subject: Re: ibus-pinyin: Unable to get it to work on Debian Stretch
>>To: "Zach Williams" <zesw2the@yahoo.com>
>>Cc: "Debian邮件列表" <debian-chinese-gb@lists.debian.org>
>>Date: Monday, July 10, 2017, 12:14 AM
>>
>>Well, I believe a post in Chinese would help you more. And, if you use Telegram, there is a Debian-Chinese group where lots of people >discuss topics related to Debian every day (in Chinese
>
> Hi Yubin
>
> There are two reasons I am unable to post in Chinese:
>
> 1. I am not a native Chinese speaker. My command of Chinese is at intermediate level (whatever that means....)
> 2. My current OS is having problems with launching ibus-pinyin. That is the reason for the post on this forum.
>
> As for using Telegram, see reason #1.

I did not mean any offense. Just suggestions. Hopefully you don't
mind. As for the solution, Boyuan has posted it with many details.

As for me, I always used sougou-pinyin or google-pinyin on Debian and
Ubuntu. I would suggest you use one of those as they are the most
popular among Chinese users, from whom you can get lots of help from.

To install sougou-pinyin, do the following:

    sudo apt-add-repository ppa:fcitx-team/nightly
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install fcitx
    sudo apt-get install sogoupinyin

and then use `im-config' or `fcitx-config' to configure the fcitx
input framework. If you can't apt-get the sougou-pin package, you can
download from the official website [1], install it manually and fix
any dependency problems you encounter. There are three things you have
to remember:

    1. switch from ibus to fcitx in your system setting after you have
installed fcitx.
    2. configure fcitx to use sougou-pin with command `fcitx-config'
or `im-config'
    3. reboot

The process for google-pinyin is similar. There is a blog post in
Chinese [2] (for ubuntu ) which can provide you some hints. Hopefully
that would help.

I am not a Debian 9 user currently (using ubuntu now) so I don't know
every detail. Nevertheless I would be glad if I can provide any
further help.

[1]: http://pinyin.sogou.com/linux/
[2]: https://www.linuxdashen.com/ubuntu%E5%AE%89%E8%A3%85%E8%B0%B7%E6%AD%8C%E6%8B%BC%E9%9F%B3%E8%BE%93%E5%85%A5%E6%B3%95%EF%BC%88fcitx%E8%BE%93%E5%85%A5%E6%B3%95%E6%A1%86%E6%9E%B6%EF%BC%89

Regards,