Re[6]: gateway doesn't locate at the same subnet of the IP Address.

On Thursday, April 2, 2009 at 18:09, julyclyde@gmail.com wrote:
> broadcast storm cannot increase because of layer 2 segmenting.

> I asked some advanced networking enginner, they advised that you execute
> arp -s  some_IP_in_your_subnet   MAC_of_the_router

Thanks  for  your  helpful reply.  I've the following confusion on you
suggestions:

1-  For the some_IP_in_your_subnet mentions above, should this be a ip
of the host that will always power on?  If so, which ip I should use?

2-  For the MAC_of_the_router, how can I obtain it?

--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry