Is Novel Suse not friendly to real linux world? and how about Red hat and Debian?

I read a article about  the IP issues among Microsoft, SCO, Novel Suse
and the other Linux world yestorday. I felt quite angry about what
Microsoft has done to Linux in order to keep its market in software.
so i hope i can get more information about this.
1. If Novel Suse is so obviously not friendly to free software world,
why so many people still use it? does it mean people who use Suse do
not have the spirit of free software?
2. I also know that Enterprise Edition of Red hat is not a free
distribution, so does it mean Red hat do not have the spirit of free
software?
3. Shall Debian follow the way of Red hat to have a nonfree enterprise edition?
4. Do Debian has the danger of IP lawsuits "created" by microsoft?