Re: Error when installing flashplugin-nonfree on sid amd64

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 16:26:29 +0800, Star Liu wrote:
> Here is the output when i install flashplugin-nonfree on sid amd64
> -----------------------
> Setting up flashplugin-nonfree (1:1.6.2) ...
> wget failed to download
> http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/md5.pgp.asc
> -----------------------
>
> in fact, i can get the file successfully by manully typing "wget
> http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/md5.pgp.asc";
> i need to install it for i want to view some video in flash 9 format
> by iceweasel. Anyone can help me? thanks

The current version of the package is 1:1.6.3, did you already try that
one?

Did you test the wget command as root or as your normal user? There
might be differences that break the download for root, e.g. the
http_proxy environmental variable. Also, the script uses wget with
additional options, so maybe that is what causes the problem.

If nothing else helps then you can edit the file

/usr/sbin/update-flashplugin-nonfree

and change line 38 from

verbose=no

verbose=yes

. Then run "update-flashplugin-nonfree --install" as root and you should
get more verbose messages about what is going on. Post the output here,
it will hopefully give us a clue.

          Florian   |