Re: Which IM, blog and email service are best for debian users?

Hi Star, kindly take my personal usage for your information.

I'm using pidgin as my IM.
Pidgin is a graphical IM program that lets you sign on to AIM, Jabber, MSN, Yahoo!,QQ , and other IM networks. Besides, there is non-official plugin for Fetion or "飞信". It uses GTK+. The current version is 2.4.2. It was formerly called Gaim. The official site is http://www.pidgin.im
In debian we could get it 'via apt-get install pidgin', it will deal with dependent packages as well.

For blog, I'm dubious whether live spaces fits firefox / iceweasel well, because of my poor experience of using it.
Baidu Hi provides a good alternative, its url http://hi.baidu.com. It is better for me since I'm using firefox.

For email, I suggest gmail. It's the most powerful email I've ever seen.

If you have to access hotmail and live space, suggest you try wine + ies4linux, a good internet explorer solution for linux. Wine has updated its latest 1.0 rc4 version. Ies4linux is a script for installing IE with wine.Its official site http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

Expecting Further Information.
Reeyarn