Re: problems writing chinese characters to web-mail services

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 11:38:00AM +0800, "Arne Götje (高盛華)" wrote:
> Matthias Hegner wrote:
> > Do we forget something in the configuration?
> > Does anyone have a working configuration which he can share with us?
> > Any suspicions or hints where to search for the error.
>
> Erm... you might want to consider to update to Etch and change your
> locales to UTF-8 ones.
> Then, you might want to consider using SCIM and im-switch instead of
> xcin.

I agree with Arne, you should consider upgrading to etch.

But even if you don't, you may still want to give scim (with
scim-chinese) a try.  The version in sarge (1.0.2) is rather old, but
should work fine in a sarge system.  The im-switch package is not
available in sarge, however.

Scim works in both UTF-8 and zh_CN (GB2312) locales.  The documentations
in /usr/share/doc/scim/ should be enough for you to set up a usable
Chinese input environment.

Ming, Debian scim maintainer
2007.06.26