Re: latex-cjk编译出错

From: "li sh" <lish5i@gmail.com>

> 安装latex,或者cjk后,有sample文件,你从那个文件修改使用,一般就会少很多问题的.
>  Danai 也说了,现在用utf8 编码的.tex文件,你也可以看看你的tfm,应该也是unicode了吧

你說的很對。

There are two ways of creating Unicode fonts for TeX/CJK.

First of all there is the old way which uses ttf2tfm.  This is an
incredibly fast way to create .tfm files, even slanted.  But it has
several flaws.

The new way uses Fontforge.  How this works, is explained in
latex-cjk's README.Debian file.

One of the huge improvements is the fact that you don't have to use
those pesky PK fonts anymore.  See fore example Debian bug nr. 406701
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=406701) why PK fonts
create problems for users, especially us, CJK users.

It also produces much nicer results.  漢字 are difficult enough, so
using ugly and blocky fonts made by ttf2tfm (or even worse, HBF) isn't
going to be of much help.

I'm planning to create GBK fonts for Arphic gkai and gbsn, but only if
there is enough demand for extra (but rather small) packages.

/--------
That's why I would like to ask all of you, CJK users, whether you're
interested in having a GBK version for the Arphic fonts at all on
Debian.  If not, then I'll create a document explaining how to install
GBK fonts.

Second question would be: are there any other encodings you might be
interested in?  For example Big5+?
\--------

Best regards

Danai SAE-HAN