Chinese Input Method similar to Windows IME?

Good afternoon.

I have been maintaining a Win2K box for my wife, who uses it for
Japanese and Chinese. I'm sick of reinstalling/repairing, and would
like to know if any of the Chinese character entry systems available
in Debian function like the Windows IME system? She's very
comfortable with IME, and I would like to be able to offer her
something that wasn't completely different.

I'm also not a subscriber to this list, please cc me directly, since I
don't speak Chinese beyond "Nihow". Suggestions for packages to
install? I'd prefer to put her on Stable, rather than unstable.

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001
planning advocates in American history