Re: Sylpheed Chinese Problem

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:03:23PM -0600, Bin Lan wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:45:50 -0600
> Ming Hua <minghua@rice.edu> wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 11:10:26AM +0900, Yan, Zheng wrote:
> > > what's your locale?
> > > what's your input method?
> > >
> > > and check /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules file, please.
> > > (maybe need some modification on that file)
> >
> > While I agree that it looks like a locale problem, and checking
> > /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules would help, a user is NOT supposed to modify
> > that file himself.  Actually, at the beginning of
> > /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodule, it speaks itself:
> >
> >     # GTK+ Input Method Modules file
> >     # Automatically generated file, do not edit
> >     # Created by /usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0 from gtk+-2.6.2
> >
> > It will get updated everytime libgtk-2.0-bin is upgraded.  See
> > update-gtk-immodules(1) for details.
>
> I dont think that is a problem of my locale. I have no problem with
> any other gtk2 software in my box.
[snip]

Well, then you seem to be replying to the wrong mail.  I don't use
sylpheed myself, so I don't have much clue about what's going wrong
(that's why I am not replying to the thread at the beginning).  I was
just trying to point out something improper in YAN Zheng's suggestion.

P.S.:  Please don't top-post.  If you think some quotes are not
necessary, please trim them.  Thanks.

Ming
2005.03.03