Re: docbook2pdf

I have tested docbook2pdf using a DocBook document with Chinese character in
it. I don't consider it's possible to make PDF including Chinese character
using it.

cjk-latex needs LaTeX document, but docbook2pdf only convert DocBook document
into TeX document. I'm not very familiar with TeX, but I'm sure usual TeX
document with Chinese character won't be processed correctly.

The only package having Chinese PDF is reference manual, it use debiandoc2pdf
to convert SGML into LaTeX. Maybe you can reference the source of that
package for detail information.

I have tested serveral software which convert DocBook into LaTeX, but none of
them deal with Chinese document correctly. Maybe we really need a tool do
this kind of work.

* Marco Lenhardt <mlh@theysohn.at> [2004-06-16 08:38:32 +0200]: