prop: build a standarized .emacs file for newbies

Friends,

Desperately need help in writing a simple standardized
.emacs file for myself, so i can set up my email and
nntp server.

如果能有一个标准的入门级.emacs文件(应该有详细的注释,
每一个变量是干吗的,可以怎么改。),那么我们这些新手就
不用老重复问一些问题,大家也不用次次回答,直接读.emacs
文件并按自己的要求修改就是了。其实最基本的就是3个东西a
)中文环境b)email c)news 【如果能加上一些其它的tips
更好,例:如何设置你的home目录,如何设置改变默认字号和
默认字体等。】【我等用ntemacs的newbie下载后根本没有
.emacs文件。得自己写或copy别人得。】

objectives:
1. edit Chinese text file (already done that but still
have some nuisance that i can't figure out what cause
them)
2. use gnus or rmail to read and reply email.
3. use gnus to read news.

Can people here share your .emacs file and explain a
little bit how can i adjust it according to my need?
Thanks.

My current .emacs file contains (with the help of
friends in Debian GNU/Linux Chinese-GB mailing list,
namely, you guyz! GB group? then why the hell i am
using English! :)

(set-terminal-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)
(set-keyboard-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)
(setq locale-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)
(set-keyboard-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)
(set-selection-coding-system 'chinese-iso-8bit)

#这句照搬别人的。是说newsgroup组名可以显示中文了吗?
(setq gnus-group-name-charset-group-alist '((".*" . gb2312)))

-----------------------------
to be more specific on gnus.

Currently i use Agent for news. It's good. Single Key
Stroke navigation, automatically strip and save
attachment to a designated folder.

The best of it is I can run two separate agent
sessions (programs?) to access the same newsserver,
thus share the traffic between the two. For example,
for news.yaako.com, Agent A subscribed to
alt.linux.advocacy (high traffic),alt.tv.familyguy,
etc. Agent B subscribed to soc.culture.china,
soc.culture.taiwan, talk.atheism, etc. Can I do that
in emacs. I bet i can. :) Cos it's emacs, THE Editor.

Besides, i need a slave NNTP server.

Tigger wrote the email in ntemacs at office during
work time! :) Once I got my rmail or gnus set up
correctly, i will post message with emacs.

Happy hacking you guys. Tigger keeps lurking and
posing stupid questions! :p (我emacs存盘时有时还是
default coding, iso-××××-jp
什么的,气死人了!我试验了几次,应该是完全用ntemacs写
的文章不会这样,如果用其它text editor写然户emacs打开编
辑,保存时就有这个问题。)
p.s, i understand rmail can't handle many mine type
attachment. well, too early for me to go for MH, or is
it?

--
tigger