Re: chinese case in current languagechooser (was Re: Languagechooser changes)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:24:04 +0100
Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:

> My example was bad, I came confused about what is used in HK.
>
> However, even if my example is bad, everything should work OK for
> HK. The correct example is:
>
> If choosing Traditional, then Hong-Kong, you will end up with
> zh_HK:zh_TW:zh:en_GB:en
>
> Thus, the installation will continue in zh_TW if it exists.
>
> work. From my earlier tests, it looks that zh_CN translations will
> replace zh_TW when these do not exist.
>
> zh_TW translations are currently nearly vaporware.
>
> You guys needing Traditional Chinese translation need to jump in the
> wagon and start translating, I guess.....

I have tested the newest daily build floppy image. It seems work correctly. But
when you choose zh, pt or other language without countrycode, country names in
the next page are still in english.

In a taiwan debian forum, some guys said that they will start traditional
chinese translation soon. We can do a complete test after zh_TW.po come out.

--
Best Regards, Carlos