Re: chinese case in current languagechooser (was Re: Languagechooser changes)

Quoting Roger So (rogerso@debian.org):
> On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 15:55 +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > If choosing Simplified then Hong-Kong, you will end up with
> > zh_HK:zh_CN:zh:en_GB:en as languagelist and zh_HK as
> > locale. Installation should continue in zh_CN
>
> No, that should be Traditional for Hong Kong, and thus the language list
> should be zh_HK:zh_TW:zh:en_GB:en.  Reason being since Hong Kong was
> (and is) still using traditional Chinese characters, most of the
> computer jargon follow Taiwan's convention.  Although most computer
> terms are best understood in English for Hong Kong people anyway. :)

My example was bad, I came confused about what is used in HK.

However, even if my example is bad, everything should work OK for
HK. The correct example is:

If choosing Traditional, then Hong-Kong, you will end up with
zh_HK:zh_TW:zh:en_GB:en

Thus, the installation will continue in zh_TW if it exists.

Currently, however, only zh_CN really exists, thanks to Carlos
work. From my earlier tests, it looks that zh_CN translations will
replace zh_TW when these do not exist.

Side effect of this thread : we currently speak theoretically, as
zh_TW translations are currently nearly vaporware.

You guys needing Traditional Chinese translation need to jump in the
wagon and start translating, I guess.....