Re: chinese case in current languagechooser (was Re: Languagechooser changes)

I think for whatever reason, countrychooser should not be called
countrychooser. I prefer "Country or region" or "Country or territory"
in this context, and this will avoid potential politics conflicts.

For chinese related locale, one can choose (not limited to China
mainland, Hongkong, Taiwan, etc)

Simplified Chinese (China mainland)
Simplified Chinese (Singapore)
Traditional Chinese (China Taiwan)
Traditional Chinese (China Hongkong SAR)
Traditional Chinese (China southern)

Or

China mainland (Simplified Chinese)
Singapore (Simplified Chinese)
China Taiwan (Traditional Chinese)
China Hongkong SAR (Traditional Chinese)
China southern (Traditional Chinese)

Chinese is one of official languages of Singapore, and Singapore chooses
Simplified Chinese. This is a tricky thing when you use "country code"
to choose language. Generally, zh_SG is the same as zh_CN.

As to "China southern", it general refers to some southern provinces
such as Guangdong. In these provinces, people speak Cantonese, and they
use traditional chinese, simplified chinese equally. It's like zh_HK.

--
  lark