Re: Three problems with Chinput

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Stefan Baums wrote:

> I don't like the fact that SCIM's pinyin module is non-free, and
> that SCIM seems to be more of a moving target, under heavy
> development.

Normally this is just a moral choice. However in this particular case I
think there's more than that. By publishing the pinyin module on his
personal website without companying source code, Anthony Fok might have
violated the LGPL license that scim is released with. Anthony has
expressed the intension to put it into the Debian archive. I really hope
he will consult with debian-legal before doing that. Because he might be
doing debian a big disservice.

regards,
rigel