Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:21:09 +0100
From: Thomas Diehl <thd@kde.org>
Subject: Re: KDE 3.0 and released languages
To: kde-i18n-doc@mail.kde.org
Cc: Dirk Mueller <mueller@kde.org>

Am Freitag, 22. M?rz 2002 15:03 schrieb Thomas Diehl:

> > There seem to be problems with i18n.kde.org currently so I simply
> > packaged all languages. If you feel your language is not ready for 3.0
> > and should be left-out, please message me.
>
> Problem is that we would release a lot of languages that way which have
> not been worked on since the days of KDE 1.1. How about releasing the
> languages that were included with the last Beta. But including Chinese
> this time and whoever else tells us that his language is ready for
> release?
>
> Attaching the beta list once more for everybody to look at.

GUI translation statistics are available again at
http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/i18n-status-table.html

Now there is the big question how strictly we should apply our usual rule of
"kdelibs.po and desktop.po should be fully translated, kdebase around 75%"?
If we _do_ apply it we would have to drop at least 15 (!) teams for the 3.0
release which were in the beta:

af (Afrikaans)
az (Azerbaijani)
ca (Catalan)
el (Greek)
et (Estonian)
hr (Croatian)
id (Indonesian)
is (Icelandic)
ko (Korean)
nb (Norwegian Bookmal)
pl (Polish)
ro (Romanian)
sr (Serbian)
ta (Tamil)
zh_TW (Traditional Chinese)

If we would fully apply the rule "kdelibs fully translated" it would be even
more teams (eg Bulgarian and Turkish).But since they sometimes have good
rates in kdebase I left them in.

This would mean that the following teams would be in 3.0 (while the others
would get another chance in maybe 4-6 weeks for 3.0.1). Please check
carefully:

ar
bs (new)
cs
da
de
en_GB
eo
es
fi
fr
he
hu
it
ja
lt
lv
mt
nl
nn
pt
pt_BR
ru
sk
sl
sv
th
tr
uk
ven (new, on special request of maintainer)
xh
zh_CN
zu

Comments?