Re: Unicode input server?

On Tuesday 04 December 2001 08:58, Chun Kit Edwin Lau wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> 	is there any chinese XIM server that output unicode? I don't
> think XCIN and Chinput do that.  Pls correct me if I am wrong.

AFAIK they don't support Unicode.
I'm looking for this too, but I couldn't find any program for inputting
Unicode, except the yudit editor. but that's only good for textfiles... :(

I'd like to write an Unicode input program which takes xcin as source but
has the ability not only to handle chinese but handle any character in
Unicode...

But unfortunately I don't have time... :( I have to work in daytime and
study chinese at night... :)
So if someone has some spare time and knowledge and wants to do this
project, I can contribute some ideas how to handle the input and the
interface... :)

CU
Arne