Arphic font, Unicode, fontset and various

Hi everyone,
	Don't know if it is a FAQ.  But just can't get any comprehensive
answer to my question.  I just bought unifont Y2K from Arphic (some
unicode, some big and some gb fonts.  Now I want to change everything to
Unicode.  What do I need to change.  Right now I have
LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.big5 and using xtt module (X4.1) and using gnome.

Also, after a recently upgrade (using unstable) my chinese character in
gnomeicu become japanese.  Don't understand why.

Is there some compenhensive guide/manual or something more readable I
can find to solve my problem? btw, I don't understand anything about gtk
fontset.  (Have been playing around with it for a while)

--
Edwin ERTW Lau