cjk-lyx

Hi,
I'm new to Chinese (taking 1st year Mandarin) in general.  I am however
an old hand at linux and debian.

I'm currently using the testing distribution.

I apt-get'ed a bunch of packages today, including cjk-lyx and a bunch of
fonts.  For my Chinese class I'm most interested in writing short
documents and printing using big5 (traditional) -- cjk-lyx sounds
perfect.

cjk-lyx fails to run, however, saying "Sorry, This subroutine requires
the scalable hangul fonts".  I can't seem to find any debian packages
that contain hangul fonts (which are korean I believe).

I read the Chinese HOWTO, but I'm not sure what I need exactly.  Also
that HOWTO was written in 1998, things have changed no doubt since
then.  Do I need xcin or some other input filter?

I did get cxterm working entering pinyin with tones -- totally cool!  So
I can edit .tex directly, but a WYSIWYG editor would be perferable.

Also what about locale?  Should it be set to something in particular?  I
saw the Debian Chinese FAQ, but it's in Chinese I can't read it ....
yet.

Any ideas?  My environment is printed below.

Cheers,
Curt

p.s. I'll save my "what about chinese input under emacs" questions for
another time :) .

hongkong:~$ export
declare -x COLORTERM="gnome-terminal"
declare -x COLUMNS="78"