Cannot boot up the linux

I have already setuped the Debian linux 2.2 rev 3 but could not boot up.
Even couldn't see LILO. Is that the problem of linux that could not handle
the large harddisk(8GB)? Besides, the linux is set at the cylinder that larger
than 1024. I have already look at the HOW-TOs and found that I need to edit
lilo.conf but how could I add as if I could not boot into the linux. Could I
edit lilo.conf while setup? I couldn't find any step that allow me to edit
while setup.

Before just try RH, succeed for both with and without multiboot. But Debian
seems a bit different.
thx

ps. WinME is already installed and want to setup linux without multiboot by
lilo.

--
京

※ 来源 □ e-Fever BBS @ bbs.e-fever.org □ [From: cm61-18-2-20.hkcable]