AbiWord

hi,

I downloaded the debian package of AbiWord 0.7.12 from AbiSource but
failed to install it on my Debian (potato). It complained of lots of
dependencies problems. Then, I downloaded the staticically-linked version
instead. It was installed successfully. But when I triggered it, the
following error messages were prompted:

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers
/usr/local/bin/AbiWord: line 61:  1393 Segmentation fault
$ABISUITE_HOME/bin/AbiWord_s "$@"

I've read the mailing archives of AbiSource but no solution was posted
on this problem. Does anybody run into this problem as well? Thanks.

Lincoln Leung
Department of Electronic Engineering
The Chinese University of Hong Kong