Re: Bug#684260: zh_TW translations of "package", "repository" and "dependency" are mistranslated.
- To: Christian PERRIER <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, "Debian-user in Chinese [Big5]" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, 林博仁 <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Bug#684260: zh_TW translations of "package", "repository" and "dependency" are mistranslated.
- From: Yao Wei (魏銘廷) <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 16:59:13 +0800
- Message-id: <CAJkNRTFe-QCwWR-O-YxcxkN=gQXMZCqycZ-OZx9yvZROFVKi-Q@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAJkNRTEg_wb6xhB+-g8DFiM9CZqddkpmXdDSp=NaZwd5=BoJjg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAJkNRTEg_wb6xhB+-g8DFiM9CZqddkpmXdDSp=NaZwd5=BoJjg@mail.gmail.com>
Well. As I previously reported that the mistranslation is kept using
for more than 20 years that almost becomes a proper noun.
The question is that should we make the change?
* If the translation of the basis noun changed, there will be a long
transition period because all the documents are under transition, and
this may cause a big bang between Traditional Chinese dpkg existing
* If not, it stays not an error by every existing users, but new users
may be confused by the translations.