Re: hi all, i have a problem getting my chinese(gb) to show properly in Chinese terms

Hi again Ha Shao:
  yes, I can read/input chinese perfectly fine in an
environment like Xemacs or VIM. It just does not work
well under a console term(zhcon) or xterm(chinese ones
like xcinterm-gb or crxvt). I will try to explain it
as best as I can. For example I save a file in Chinese
named Nihao. I go in crxvt, I see Nihao in Chinese
perfectly. Then I would want to edit it so i type Vim
Nihao(in Chinese, via Chinput), what i would see then
on the output is vim \304\340\272\303, but I still do
get in the vim with the correct chinese file.

my .inputrc
set meta-flag on
set convert-meta off
set output-meta on

my .bashrc
# ~/.bashrc: executed by bash(1) for non-login shells.

export PS1='\h:\w\$ '
umask 022

# You may uncomment the following lines if you want
`ls' to be colorized:
#export LS_OPTIONS='--color=auto'
#eval `dircolors`
#alias ls='ls $LS_OPTIONS'
#alias ll='ls $LS_OPTIONS -l'
#alias l='ls $LS_OPTIONS -lA'
#
# Some more alias to avoid making mistakes:
# alias rm='rm -i'
# alias cp='cp -i'
# alias mv='mv -i'
export CLASSPATH=/proj/proj1/cs336.jar:.

alias ls="ls --show-control-chars"
export LC_ALL=zh_CN.GB2312
export LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.GB2312
export LANG=zh_CN.GB2312
export XMODIFIERS="@im=Chinput"
stty cs8 -istrip
stty pass8

my stty -a
wenke:~# stty -a
speed 38400 baud; rows 24; columns 80; line = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D;
eol = <undef>;
eol2 = <undef>; start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z;
rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W;
lnext = ^V; flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal
-crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr
-igncr icrnl ixon -ixoff
-iuclc -ixany -imaxbel
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel
nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0 ff0
isig icanon iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh
-xcase -tostop -echoprt
echoctl echoke

--- ha shao <hashao@hashao.hypermart.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 08:49:07PM -0800, kevin liu
> wrote:
> > The newest version of the FAQ online i can find is
> > only 1.5..can you direct me on where to find
> version
> > 2.4? I have read the 1.5 FAQ very throughly and
> put in
> > all the lines in .bashrc and .inputrc....and the
> > following problem still persist...any help would
> be
> > greatly appreciated..
>
> When I said FAQ 2.4, I meant FAQ Session 2, item 4.
> :)
>
> It's normally caused by the output-meta is set to
> off in
> ~/.inputrc. However, the default output-meta in
> Debian
> is set to 'output-meta on' in /etc/inputrc.
>
> Can you post your .bashrc and .inputrc and output
> of
> stty -a
> ?
>
> And can you input Chinese in vim?