Re: 不正常斷線所保留的部份... (轉載)

Take a look at http://bugs.debian.org/pppoe , that's a documentation bug.

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 07:44:52AM +0000, james001.bbs@VOIDbbs.e-fever.org
wrote:
> 【 以下文字轉載自 james001 的信箱 】
> 【 原文由 share/doc/pppoe/readme.debian, 所發表 】
>
> 3. edit /etc/init.d/network
> The file is originally empty, I have added a line
> ifconfig eth0 up

/etc/init.d/networking is in netbase but I don't see any mentioned of
/etc/init.d/network.
As far as I can see, README.debian said /etc/network/interfaces.
If you already have eth0 configured in your /etc/network/interfaces,
it will be ok.

> 4. edit /etc/init.d/ppp: from readme.debian:
> Find the line in the 'start' section that starts pppd and replace the word
> 'provider' by 'dsl-provider'. That line should now look like:
> start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --exec /usr/sbin/pppd -- call
dsl-provider

> there is no such line... but I have replaced all "provider" with DSL
provider.

this is not necessary if you don't want to always start pppoe. You can
just start it with 'pon dsl-provider'.

'man pppoe' will give you some hints on how pppoe works. like
% pppoe -I eth0 -A
to see if you eth0 is connected to a pppoe server.
/var/log/ppp* will give you some information on ppp connection.

--
hashao|    何人半夜推山去?四面浮雲猜是汝。常時相對兩三峰,走遍溪頭無覓處。
hashao|    西風瞥起雲橫渡,忽見東南天一柱。老僧拍手笑相夸,且喜青山依舊住。