Re: [exim] 設定問題!

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 01:35:17PM +0800, ha shao wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 12:59:26PM +0800, clive@tongi.org wrote:
> > On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 08:48:24AM +0800, ha shao wrote:
> > > On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 11:10:19PM +0800, edt1023@ms17.hinet.net wrote:
> >
> > I'm not familiar with postfix, but the DS (smart relay) in sendmail
> > sucks anyway. It will check for MX RR for the host you specified. For
>
> hmm... I will consider this as a good thing. sendmail sucks as
> many people said, though.
>
> > example, my ISP told me I should use msa.hinet.net as my smtp
> > server. But what the hell is `host -t mx msa.hinet.net`? I finally
> > would get a "Relaying denied" by msa0.hinet.net. That's quite
> > disappointing.
> >

> What's the hell is wrong with your ISP? Why its mx points to
> something that doesn't do mx?

<off topic>
After some inspection and guessing, I suppose that they seperate their
mail clusters into 2 parts: receiving server and relaying servers. The
arch my looks like below:

Receiving:

  @msa.hinet.net -> MX RR is msa0.hinet.net

Relaying:

  msa.hinet.net are actually servers behind a load balance box or
something like that. Each incoming request will be redirected to
different servers (You could find that by issuing a HELO smtp command)

Well, I think they play these tricks without awareness of sendmail's
smart relay, which is "too smart."

This might explain why my emails and Edward's (if he's using
hinet.net, too) are rejected by ISP's smtp server.

Of course, since the problem is addressed, it could be solved. This is
another story...
</off topic>
--
Clive Lin (Tong-I Lin)\n =P clive@tongi.org # Family, friends, private