Re: [exim] ?]?w拜?D!

On Mon, May 21, 2001, you wrote:
> >   ssmtp still sending mail via local smtp. ssmtp has rewite function
> >   just as exim does, but some mail server(such as ttf2pt1 mailing list
> >   cannot accept dialup user to send such a email).
> >
> >   but nullmailer send email via ISP's smtp, thay's exactly what I need.
>
> I did not follow the discussion closely but isn't it's the 'smarthost'
> thing in sendmail or 'relayhost' in postfix? I would think exim should
> have similar function: send mail through your ISP instead directly to
> the destination.

  Sorry for so many typo.

  Sendmail's smarthost cannot accept by my ISP, I try it few days ago.
  (maybe my wrong setting.)

  I don't know how nullmailer can do that, it send mail just as my ISP's
  root to send it out.

> I have not installed ssmtp cause it wanted to replace my postfix :). But
> isn't the mailhub supposed to be your ISP's smtp server?

  My first guess is same as yours, but I cannot send my mail by ssmtp
  successfully. ssmtp still try to open my local smtp port. Maybe another
  wrong settings. :(

> anyway, since it conflicts mail-transport-agent, it might not be
> what you want. You want to keep your exim, don't you? ;)

  Yes, here is my rpoblem, I still need local MDA. :-)

  So I need exim or sendmail. Nullmailer seems can not deliver lcoal
  mail. All right, I know i need read RFC paper, and exim/sendmail
  ssmtp/nullmailer documents, wow, it will be a hard work. ;-)
  * maybe i should try IBM's postfix.

  Still learning by doing, I will try it again. thanks. :)

--
Warm Regards,
Edward G.J. Lee(李果正)

 --*--  The best kind of learning is learning by doing.  --*--