Re: Unicode 版的 Debian/CLE

rigel <rigel863@yahoo.com> writes:
> This has nothing to wtih the modules, neither is there such thing as
> "gb2312.1980-0 的 *TTF* 字體". All the modern Window ttf fonts (such
> as Arphic ones) are unicode encoded. Part of the jobs the font
> modules (both freetype and xtt) have to do is to convert on the fly
> whatever legacy encoding to unicode/iso10646. The XLFD such as
> "*-gb2312.1980-0" is just to tell the modules what legacy encoding
> is used. You can add a line in your fonts.dir:
> *-whatever-your-arphic-font-xlfd-look-like-iso10646-1 Both modules
> will be happily accept it. Give it a try, you'll find out.

Yeah yeah yeah, you're absolutely right.

What I mean is, the current Arphic TTF/... Debian package is tuned for
xtt module instead of freetype module at the right time. Thus the
experiment you described above will probably fail if you're using
freetype module.

But with Defoma (Debian Font Manager) introduced ... ;-)

> Though Arphic fonts are so called proportional font, not suitable
> for use in terminal emulators such as xterm or rxvt.

I heard rumor said *-gb2312.1980-1 font (not TTF) will also be able to
benifit from on-the-fly recoding due to the introduction of
coresponding modules into XFree in the near future.

> > 哈哈,是不是說我也可以用 bimsphone 了? ;-)
>
> But you still have to use "zhu yin fu hao".

Oh gee, I did't see the luck to get rid of them.

> I don't know about you, but it's hack of pain for me. I heard that
> in xcin 2.5.2.2 there's a pinyin bimsphone module.

So called bimspinyin huh? No luck here too. ;-)

--
趙蔚 <http://www.zhaoway.com/>