[boot trans] Re: Sorry to ask you again

Hi Alex,

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 08:30:23PM -0600, alex@DentonLive.DentonLive.com wrote:
> I'm new in translating... but here is my install.sgml.zh
> not finished yet... but I just want to make sure I'm going to the right
> direction.

It is great! Welcome to the team. We need a lot of translators on
this project. Your help is greatly appreciated.

This project is currently a seperated project from the one for
translating the web. We do not have a CVS server (yet). I hope
to have the first round translation finished in a short period
of time. So I will like to be the central control point here to
coordinate all the efferts. Our work will be commited
into the boot-floppy cvs after we have finished most translation
we can for now. We can then figure out a way to keep our translation
up to date with the boot-floppy cvs in the future.

So here is how we work for now:
1) send a mail to the mailing list at
     debian-chinese-(big5|gb)@lists.debian.org to claim a file(s)
2) download the file and do the translation.
3) send the translated file to the mailing list.
4) the translated file will be revised and sent to the list again(Mostly
   from me for now) for further reviews.
5) I will collect the translations and integrate them. Then send our work
   to the cvs maintainer and have it checked in the cvs.
6) We will then decide how to do the maintainence in the future. Most likely
   we will have several maintainers who will maintain several locale versions
   of the translation and should cooperate closely with each others and
   volunteers.
=================================
Your translation is good. You really took care of the format very carefully.
It is great. One thing you might want to consider is when we do translation
on technical works, we need not mirror the expression too close toward the
original work. We can change the way of how the idea is told as long as
we keep it accurate and expressive. Well, it is mostly how I feel it should
be.

In Chinese, 信達雅: 信,準確,正確地反應原文的意思。達,達意,讓讀者,用
戶可以很容易的理解我們要表達的意思。雅,優雅,遣詞造句做到盡量自然,通順,
符合中文文法。

可以看到,這裡的次序是一定要準確,其次要易懂,最後才是準求語言上的優美。
以下是我的一些意見。

>       <title>
> Installing Debian GNU/Linux &release; For &arch-title;
> 安裝 Debian GNU/Linux &release; 在 &arch-title;

安裝 Debian GNU/Linux &release;  &arch-title 體系結構版;

>       <abstract>
> This document contains installation instructions for the Debian
> GNU/Linux &release; system, for the &arch-title; (``&architecture;'')
> architecture.  It also contains pointers to more information and
> information on how to make the most of your new Debian system.
> 這文件包含 Debian GNU/Linux &release; 系統在
> &arch-title; (``&architecture;'') 系統上的安裝指令.同時亦包含
> 資料關于如何全面化你的新 Debian 系統.

這文件包含 Debian GNU/Linux &release; 系統在
&arch-title; (``&architecture;'') 系統上的安裝指引.同時亦包含
關于如何全面掌握你的新 Debian 系統的資料.

> <![ %not-powerpc [
> <![ %not-arm [
> The procedures in this document are <em>not</em> to be used for
> users upgrading existing systems; if you are upgrading, see the
> 這文件內的裝程序並"不是"給用者升級己存在的系統; 如若你是級用者, 請看

這個文件內描述的安裝程序並<em>不是</em>給需要升級已有系統的用戶
使用的....
> <url id="&url-release-notes;" name="Release Notes for Debian &release;">.
> <url id="&url-release-notes;" name="發行筆記在 Debian &release;">.
> ]]>
> ]]>
>       </abstract>

Thanks again and cheers!