Re: Chinese(GB) input method in emacs?

Actually, shouldn't it be   XMODIFIERS="@im=xcin-zh_CN.GB2312"   ??  :-)

> zw> and, you don't really need to run XEmacs in a terminal, the X app
> zw> is just much more attractive, especially if you get those set of
> zw> NeXT look tool icons for XEmacs. :)
>
> Thank you for your helpful information. I hope it will also work on
> FSF Emacs even though there are a few diffrences between FSF Emacs
> and XEmacs. Firstly I have to make sure whether my Emacs supports XIM
> as you mentioned.

Yes, I hope so too.  My initial tests failed, but then I don't know
GNU Emacs well enough.  Maybe there are some user-configurable settings
that will make GNU Emacs accept the characters from xcin.  Dunno.
I have tested XEmacs it works, but XEmacs is too big for me.  :-)

Good luck!  :-)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada