Re: can't connect to ISP

[26 Nov 2000 16:16 +0800] a <softguy@citiz.net>:
> >Jun 30 11:48:21 debian pppd[223]: Receive serial link is not 8-bit
> clean:
> >Jun 30 11:48:21 debian pppd[223]: Problem: all had bit 7 set to 0
> >Jun 30 11:48:30 debian pppd[223]: Terminating on signal 15.

I experienced this before when I used chat script.
Make sure the chat script tries to catch login and password.
ex:

chat -v                                            \
        TIMEOUT         3                               \
        ABORT           '\nBUSY\r'                      \
        ABORT           '\nNO ANSWER\r'                 \
        ABORT           '\nRINGING\r\n\r\nRINGING\r'    \
        ''              \rATZ                                   \
        ''              \rATM1L2                                \
        'OK-+++\c-OK'   ATH0                            \
        TIMEOUT         30                              \
        OK              ATDT$TELEPHONE                  \
        CONNECT         ''                              \
        ogin:--ogin:    $ACCOUNT                        \
        assword:        $PASSWORD