New Debian m68k Packages
These m68k packages were installed into the Debian hierarchy in the
xserver-8514 3.1.2-5 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xserver-agx 3.1.2-5 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xserver-mach32 3.1.2-6 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xserver-mach64 3.1.2-5 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xserver-mach8 3.1.2-5 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xserver-mono 3.1.2-5 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xserver-p9000 3.1.2-5 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xserver-s3 3.1.2-5 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xserver-s3v 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xserver-svga 3.1.2-5 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xserver-vga16 3.1.2-5 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xserver-w32 3.1.2-5 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xbase 3.1.2-9 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xlib6-dev 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xext 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xlib6 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xnest 3.1.2-3 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xslib 3.1.2-5 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-i386/x11
xfntbase 3.1.2-4 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-all/x11
xfntbig 3.1.2-6 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-all/x11
xfnt75 3.1.2-6 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-all/x11
xfnt100 3.1.2-6 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-all/x11
xfntpex 3.1.2-3 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-all/x11
xfntscl 3.1.2-7 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-all/x11
xfntcyr 3.1.2-6 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-all/x11
xbooks 3.2-0 into bo/binary-all/x11
xmanpages 3.1.2-6 -> 3.2-0 into bo/binary-all/x11
XFree86 (3.2-0) unstable; urgency=LOW
* New upstream version
* Converted to new source package format
* xlib package renamed to xlib6
* xdevel package renamed to xlib6-dev
* New package: xbooks
* New binary package: xserver-s3v
* New binary package: xext
* New X library dependency policy:
new X packages should depend on xlib6 >=3.2-0
* xlib6 no longer provides xR6shlib or xlibraries
* libraries now built with -rpath-link $(BUILDLIBDIR)
(will take advice about this)
* xbase no longer provides X11R6 or xbaseR6 virtual packages
* xserver-* no longer have extensions compiled in by default.
Instead the extensions are provided as dymanically linked
libraries in the xext package.
* xserver-vga16 includes the XF86Setup program for graphical
configuration of X servers
* new xbooks package is extremely large; feedback on whether
it is useful is required
* parts of the current buglist have been cleared. More bugfixes
to follow in version 3.2-1
anacron 1.0.1-1 -> 1.0.1-3 into project/experimental
anacron (1.0.1-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Changed priority from standard to extra.
asclock 1.0-1 into bo/binary-m68k/x11
asclock - the AfterStep clock
cgi-modules 2.75-5 into bo/binary-all/net
cgi-modules - modules for perl5, for use in writing CGI scripts.
cgi-modules 2.75-5 -> 2.75-6 into bo/binary-all/net
cgi-modules (2.75-6) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Changed debian/rules to really change the package name to lowercase.
cucipop 1.10-3 -> 1.10-4 into non-free/binary-m68k
cucipop (1.10-4) non-free; urgency=low
* Now asks during installation whether to run standalone or from inetd.
* Customized invocation support added (/etc/init.d/cucipop now a conffile).
* Elaborate machinations added to update /etc/inetd.conf correctly even
with multiple pop-3 daemons installed.
* No longer depends on hard-coded number for mail group (as suggested by
Russell John Coker <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
* Permissions and group ownership of /var/spool/mail checked and fixed
* When standalone mode is selected, postinst script mentions that cucipop
runs with one zombie process (not a bug, but a performance feature).
cweb 3.4g-1 into bo/binary-m68k/devel
cweb - Knuth's & Levy's C/C++ programming system.
debmake 1.92 -> 1.94 into unstable/binary-m68k/devel
debmake (1.94) unstable; urgency=low
* alien: bug when building rpm packages
* deb-make does no longer accept strange characters in directorynames.
diffstat 1.25-2 -> 1.25-3 into unstable/binary-m68k/devel
diffstat (1.25-3) unstable; urgency=low
* Closed bug #4990.
dist 3.60-6 -> 3.60-7 into bo/binary-all/devel
dist (3.60-7) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Changed to the new packaging format.
doc-linux-fr 96.11-1 into bo/binary-all/doc
doc-linux-fr - Linux docs in french : HOWTO, MetaFAQ and more...
dome 4.60-1 into bo/binary-m68k/math
dome - calculates and draws geodesic domes
dpkg-ftp 1.4.5 -> 1.4.6 into rex/binary-all/net
dpkg-ftp (1.4.6) unstable frozen; urgency=low
* Fixed: packages in status config-files not being downloaded (Bug#4955)
* Added calc for free space after giving user a chance to free some up
and fixed problem of still downloading even if unwanted because of
free space (Bug#4971)
* Fixed bug that causes warning messages from the new version of perl (Bug#5232,Bug#5290)
* Changed prompt for password & fixed perms on dir (Guy's email msg)
* Create download dir if needed (Bug#5323)
* Modified update method to use clear-avail (Bug#5356)
* Added message warning user that the order of distributions is
dpkg-ftp 1.4.6 -> 1.4.7 into rex/binary-all/net
dpkg-ftp (1.4.7) unstable frozen; urgency=low
* Fixed typo in setup (Bug#5421)
* Changed prompt for deleting installed files (Bug#5445)
* Added changelog to doc dir.
* Fixed bug during package checking phase for non-default download dirs,
and deleting replaced files
* Check for trailing '/' on download dir (and remove it)
* Fixed copyright message (no-longer includes Net::FTP)
echo-linux 96.11-1 into bo/binary-all/doc
echo-linux - French on-line magazine "L'Echo de Linux"
elkdoc 3.0-1 into bo/binary-all/devel
elk 3.0-1 into bo/binary-i386/devel
elk - The Extension Language Kit, an Scheme implementation
elkdoc - The Extension Language Kit documentation.
fetchmail 1.9-1 into bo/binary-m68k/mail
fetchmail - POP2/3, APOP, IMAP mail gatherer
freefont 0.10-3 -> 0.10-4 into non-free/binary-all
freefont (0.10-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Check if /etc/X11/XF86Config is there before modifying it. Give warning
if the file is not found.
* Sed used to modify the XF86Config file. No longer depend on ed.
freetype 0.1-1 into bo/binary-m68k/x11
freetype - TrueType Font Rasterizer (Alpha)
cpp 184.108.40.206-1 -> 220.127.116.11-2 into unstable/binary-m68k/devel
gcc 18.104.22.168-1 -> 22.214.171.124-2 into unstable/binary-m68k/devel
Repackaged for m68k architecture
groff 1.09-11 -> 1.10-1 into unstable/binary-m68k/text
groff (1.10-1) frozen; urgency=low
* new maintainer: Fabrizio Polacco <email@example.com>
* changed description in control file (fixes bug #4013 part 2)
* new upstream sources 1.10 (fixes bug #4013 part 1)
* added symlinks for geqn, gpic, gtbl (bug #4754)
* compressed manpages.
* Updated to Standards-Version 126.96.36.199
icmpinfo 1.11-1 into bo/binary-m68k/net
icmpinfo - Tool for looking at incoming ICMP messages
jedsl 0.98b-1 into bo/binary-all/editors
jedsl - jed's slang files
kernel-source-2.0.23 0 into buzz-updates/binary-all
kernel-headers-2.0.23 0 into buzz-updates/binary-all
kernel-image-2.0.23 0 into buzz-updates/binary-i386
kernel-source-2.0.23: Linux kernel source.
kernel-headers-2.0.23: Linux kernel headers.
kernel-image-2.0.23: Linux kernel binary image.
lde 2.3.1-1 into bo/binary-m68k/admin
lde - Linux Disk Editor
libc5-dbg 5.4.7-3 -> 5.4.7-7 into unstable/binary-m68k/devel
libc5-dev 5.4.7-3 -> 5.4.7-7 into unstable/binary-m68k/devel
libc5-pic 5.4.7-3 -> 5.4.7-7 into unstable/binary-m68k/devel
libc5 5.4.7-3 -> 5.4.7-7 into unstable/binary-m68k/base
localebin 5.4.7-3 -> 5.4.7-7 into unstable/binary-m68k/devel
Repackaged for m68k architecture
macutils 2.0b3-1 into bo/binary-m68k/misc
macutils - Set of tools to deal with Macintosh files
man 2.3.10-13 -> 2.3.10-14 into unstable/binary-m68k/doc
man (2.3.10-14) frozen; urgency=high
* changed wrong owner of catman dirs (bug #5340)
* added code in preinst to detect catman's wrong owner (bug #5340)
mgetty-fax 0.99.3-2 into bo/binary-m68k/comm
mgetty-voice 0.99.3-2 into bo/binary-m68k/comm
mgetty-docs 0.99.3-2 into bo/binary-m68k/comm
mgetty 0.99.2-6 -> 0.99.3-2 into bo/binary-m68k/comm
mgetty (0.99.3-2) unstable; urgency=low
* FIDO support enabled. New directive in mgetty.config (patch from Author)
which controls the sending of the EMSI string. On by default.
Switch it off if you get into problems with ppp connections and have
users complain about strange things on the screen.
* policy.h was doubled in last release ??
offix 2.1-2 -> 2.3a-1 into unstable/binary-m68k/x11
offix (2.3a-1) unstable; urgency=low
* Upstream upgrade.
pax 2.1-1 into bo/binary-m68k/misc
pax - PAX - Portable Archive Interchange
pdmenu 0.3.1 into bo/binary-m68k/shells
pdmenu - Simple full screen menu program.
imapd 3.95L-1 -> 3.95L-2 into non-free/binary-m68k
Repackaged for m68k architecture
pj96n04 1-1 into bo/binary-all/misc
pj96n04 - Issue 4 (May-Jun) of PLUTO JOURNAL 1996, the
povray-manual 3.0.10-1 into bo/binary-all/graphics
povray-manual - Persistence of Vision Raytracer 3.0.10 manual in HTML
remind 3.0.15-1 into bo/binary-m68k/misc
remind - a sophisticated reminder service
sharefont 0.10-3 -> 0.10-4 into non-free/binary-all
sharefont (0.10-4) unstable; urgency=low
* Analogous changes to freefont. Checks XF86Config before modifying etc.
speak-freely 6.1b-1 into non-free/binary-m68k
speak-freely - Voice Communication Over Data Networks
splitdigest 2.3-1 into bo/binary-m68k/mail
splitdigest - Splitdigest is a program that splits mail-digests.
sup 1.8-1 into contrib/binary-m68k
sup - Software Upgrade Protocol implementation
switchd 0.1-1 into bo/binary-m68k/misc
switchd - a daemon to switch vcs after console inactivity
tkmail 4.0beta7-2 -> 4.0beta7-4 into bo/binary-m68k/mail
tkmail (4.0beta7-4) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Build with tcl7.4 and tk4.0
* Fixed dependency with tk40
tkps 1.4-0 -> 1.4-1 into unstable/binary-all/admin
tkps (1.4-1) unstable; urgency=LOW
* Add dependency for procps
* Add --nocolor to ps invocations if supported
wg15-locale 2-1 -> 2-2 into bo/binary-all/admin
wg15-locale (2-2) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* fixed character maps directory path
workbone 2.31-1 -> 2.31-2 into unstable/binary-m68k/sound
workbone (2.31-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Workbone was installed as /usr/bin instead of in /usr/bin. Whoops!
xntp-doc 3.5f-3 -> 3.5f-4 into bo/binary-all/net
xntp 3.5f-3 -> 3.5f-4 into bo/binary-i386/net
xntp (3.5f-4) frozen unstable; urgency=medium
* copyright for xntp-doc installed in the wrong place. Fixes bug 5319.
* create /var/lib/ntp directory. Fixes bug 5373.
xtoolwait 1.0-1 into bo/binary-m68k/x11
xtoolwait - Allows to start X session aplications serially.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-changes-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com