Elvis 2.0-7 uploaded to master (finally)...
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 09:32:30 -0700
Binary: elvisctags elvis
Architecture: source i386
Distribution: frozen unstable
Maintainer: Erik B. Andersen <email@example.com>
elvis - A much improved "vi" editor with syntax highlighting.
elvisctags - Used to generate "tags" and "refs" files.
elvis (2.0-7) frozen unstable; urgency=low
* Here is the latest version of the much-discussed elvis package... I
think I have now gotten everything fixed and cleaned up for
Debian 1.2 Please check things out though...
* Changed elvis from "Recommends: elvisctags" to "Suggests: elvisctags"
This fixes bug #5416 and should make dselect users happy.
* Changed the behavior of "vi -G x11" to drop to the default gui
(i.e. termcap) when the x11 gui is unavailable. This allows users
of elm to specify "vi -G x11" as their primary editor, and have
elvis use the X interface when in X, and the text interface when in
console mode. This will make the one person who asked happy.
* Fixed bug #5393 by splitting up the config directory and moving the
non-config files to several locations.
* Added a script to ensure that old versions of elvis get completely
removed from the system regardless of a little dpkg problem, by
installing 0 byte files on top of the old files, and then deleting
the 0 byte files in the postinst script. Credit goes to Guy Maor
for the idea (which works).
* Rewrote the printdoc.bat file, and moved it to /usr/bin/elvis-printdoc
* elvisctags now utilizes update-alternatives for ctags, ref, and their
associated man pages. I recommend that the all other packages
which also provide these programs do likewise.
* Please note that in order to comply with the Debian standard, I
installed all man pages compressed in /usr/man/man1; however, since
elvis cannot read compressed files, I have installed a second,
uncompressed copy of the man pages in /usr/doc/elvis/online-docs.
I have also installed the online help files uncompressed in this
directory to allow elvis to access them.
c8a43dfa04e995e5b98c348a709a28b8 608 editors optional elvis_2.0-7.dsc
37a15b0b761781eb7278375c71852c1a 11418 editors optional elvis_2.0-7.diff.gz
18e9128d5fb59bc2af7d9bf9e93d47b8 284130 editors optional elvis_2.0-7_i386.deb
2e3b57378c197f47db878a067151b6e3 16862 editors optional elvisctags_2.0-7_i386.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----