Re: Progress on t64 transition -> building the installer in sid

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:

> Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> (2024-04-15):
>> On the other hand, it's taken over a month so far. Rather than living in
>> hope for another month, I thought it might be worth removing this as a
>> blocker (I've had to tell a couple of people that they'll need to wait
>> before they can do their salsa-CI tests :-/ )
>
> I'm not suggesting living in hope, I'm suggesting to get the ball rolling.
>
> The commit lists #1066070, which was a duplicate (because -ECOFFEE) of
> #1066069, which got fixed rather quickly. So what we would need are
> rebuilds of the reverse dependencies (which I haven't checked right now
> would be sufficient to get them fixed), which one could request on the
> release team side.

Oh, I seem to have managed to overlook the bit with you closing it.
Sorry about that. Anyway, that's encouraging.

If I can work out what needs prodding, and where to prod, I'll give it a
go.

> Regarding #1066071, that needs a fix in the package first. Looking at
> tracker, it's not migrating any time soon as far as I can see (due to
> regressions on 32-bit arms), and I'm not sure how fixing the udeb would
> interfere there. So one could start with an upload.

I had looked at fixing that, but didn't immediately know in which
direction the mismatch should be resolved which convinced me that I
probably don't know enough about the background to be doing NMUs.

Which is what lead me to try working around it instead.

Cheers, Phil.
--
Philip Hands -- https://hands.com/~phil