Re: Progress on t64 transition -> building the installer in sid

Philip Hands <phil@hands.com> (2024-04-14):
> I realised that there might be a way to kludge around the current D-I
> build failures, so I gave it a try and it seems to work:
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/merge_requests/45
>
> That creates dummy udebs with the missing names, where each depends upon
> the matching udeb that actually exists. Dropping them into localudebs.
>
> That's enough to get D-I to build in salsa pipelines, such that one gets
> a mini-ISO to test.
>
> It may be enough to get D-I and debian-cd back to the point where we can
> produce daily images etc. but I'm not completely sure about that bit
> (perhaps the use of localudebs is enough to make debian-cd grumpy?)
>
> Anyway, it's currently broken anyway, so perhaps it's worth giving it a
> go, and then reverting the commit once the proper fixes become
> available.
>
> What do you think?

I'd rather see actual progress in getting packages fixed. So far I haven't
been chasing because I thought people would be busy rebuilding the world, in
the right order, and patching things along, but I had hoped to get *some*
kind of feedback after filing those bug reports and putting people driving
changes in the loop.